Logo

Logo

16.9.13

Rug Buying Tips - Buy Wool or You're a Fool!

I know it sounds like a harsh title to a blog, but seriously buy wool when shopping for a rug. Rug enthusiasts know what I'm talking about...wool is really the only affordable "green product" on the market when it comes to shopping for rugs. Sure you can buy synthetic recycled rugs, but they just don't look very pretty a few months down the road. Wool is all-natural.


Wool wears really well, it conceals dirt and keeps its shape for a long time. Depending on the shag of the rug will determine the cleaning method of that rug. Always have a vacuum with a hose extension or a broom handy when cleaning your rugs. I always avoid running my vacuum's spinning brush on the rug - this will prevent unraveling and improper wear over time.

When I was shopping for rugs for my apartment - I had severe sticker shock! How could something I walk on that's 5'x7' cost over $28 a square foot. That's more than the price of real estate in Terrytown.

After picking my jaw up off the ground I hit the Las Vegas Furniture Market with a mission in mind. Find a credible, quality product that has great style for the Austin market. I found that in Surya Rugs.


Surya has placed a large rug display in our retail store giving all of our customers a vivid look at quality, uniqueness and plenty of choice. I challenge you to stop in today and check out the amazing styles of Surya rugs.

We can even ship them to your doorstep :)

Thanks again for the read,

Brian
Austin's Couch Potatoes
Owner/Designer